Tuesday, March 31

Childhood

As my birthday approaches (slowly I might add) I've been thinking about maturity. I can act like a twenty year old and then be jumping in puddles, I hate to admit it but I like to color with crayons, play with play-doh, dress up in costumes, play with make-up, eating sugary junk food, painting my nails blue, T.V. shows for small children (they're hilarious once you understand how implausible they are) colorful band aids, Kool Ade, chalk, playgrounds, and most of all playing in the rain.

Why is it that when we grow up we have to give up our childhood? People say I'm a good babysitter because I play with the kids. I admit it yesterday when Dinah and Juno were coloring I was right there with them drawing a picture of a rainbow. There was a smiling sun, clouds under the rainbow, tear drop shaped rain, and an earth underneath.

I want to go back to the era of velcro tennis shoes, no homework,Big Wheels, playdates and pigtails. I have to deal with the possibility of AP classes, college, working. And it sucks. Very much so.

I've been in such a hurry to grow up my entire life and now that I am doing just that I realized it sucks growing up. I want my mom to put that brick on my head that she said would make me stay little.

0 comments: